Stobarts offer/assessment

ezydriver:

marsbars:

ezydriver:

marsbars:
I wouldn’t have considered the height indicator tbh Cheers :blush:

Yeah, on my last 2 assessments the height indicator was on the passenger side, so I made a point of asking the assessor to change it for me. Both times they were impressed and commented that nobody ever asks that. It just creates an impression that you’re a professional who pays attention to detail, and that you’ll probably never hit a bridge.

Another thing I did was getting them to check brake lights on unit and trailer if the key fob didn’t work. On one assessment a brake light was out on the trailer so we had to change the bulb. Interestingly, the assessor told me I didn’t have to do the walk around checks if I didn’t want to, as he knew the vehicle was ok. Make of that as you will.

Just a thought, how do you know the bloody height in order to ask them to change it? I’m assuming as a newb they tell you?!

Do you think anyone ever falls for the ‘you don’t need to do the checks’ routine? :open_mouth:

If the trailer is higher than the cab, then look at the trailer headboard, and the height will be marked there. It will probably give the height based on a 1.25metre 5th wheel height. In my experience most 5th wheels sit at 1.25metres high, but some lorries, such as Scanias with midlift axles sit at 1.32meteres when the axle is up (and 1.25metres when it is down), which is about 3 inches higher. If I were on an assessment, I would just add 3 inches onto whatever it says on the headboard and set it at that. It shows you’re aware of heights and low bridges. If the trailer is lower than the cab (unlikely), you’ll need to know how high the cab sits. There may be a sticker inside or outside the cab giving you this information, or the assessor will more than likely know.

Based on your assumptions that the assessor would probably know, my assumptions are that the driving assessor probably got his job because it was easier & cheaper than sacking him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk