Morrisons Store Deliveries?

I went for the morrisons job being told that it was “two 'til two”'. I asked beforehand if that meant 14:00-02:00 and got told “Yes, the more unpopular of our weekabout pattern”.

So there’s me thinking I could go in there and bag myself a rotate at first, and then a permalate swap with my “set mate” - only to be told it’s solid 02:00-14:00 for the first six months, as other more senior drivers - had bagged what I was chasing already.

:frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

The job I was applying for, was no longer the 12ph as advertized neither. It was more like £9.60, because you needed to do the late shift to get the better money. :unamused:

One day, a friendly shift pattern will come along on agency, and I’ll go back full time again.
Until that day comes though, agency suits me fine.

Bearing in mind that I LIKE working nights and weekends - I’m kinda surprised that I’ve not got job offers falling all over me already. I do get the occasional job offer (without having applied for it…) BUT it is always for a shift pattern I DON’T want, such as “Any five from seven Ultra Earlies or Flat Lates”.

Like the proberbial photographer who’d posted his negatives to Boots… I’d have to say
“One day my Prints will come”.

If I compromised, I’d end up being stuck in a job I hate for years and years, hoping to be made redundant again… :unamused: :unamused:

4x10-12 hrs shifts including a sunday night. - My holy grail shift pattern! (“Extra Shift” Overtime available every week that way…)
The last full time job I took in 2015 - started me on a 12 hour shift starting on Sunday afternoon, and then Monday-Thursday of of 6pm-2am, making for a 48 hour week - but over 5 shifts. Close, but no cigar next time around. :arrow_right: The overtime was doing multidrops every other friday, before drying up completely when P&H went ■■■■-up, and the place was flooded out with C2 drivers from there as well. :unamused: :unamused: