Any old promotor drivers around

Been a few old Promotor drivers mentioned recently. I know there are a number out there who watch but don’t contribute. Thats fine with me but would be nice to hear from you with some of your stories, however mundane. I was in touch with Sue Evans, Johns wife. John worked for Pro’s from 72 to 78 leaving just before I joined the company. It seems he drove one of the red Brighton Van Hire Transcons for a while and also Roy Cloaks Transcon. I thought John was known as Johny but maybe Nottsnortherner can answer that one. John and Sue are going to Devon this month to see two of our old drivers. George Fardell and Sue Ashdown.

Roger Graber has been mentioned by Efes. Shame he’s immobile at present. What he needs is a Staggie yelling at him!

I am attaching some more photos of Promotor subbie Micky Martin of MartinFreight taken on a trip to Tehran in 74. As there are so many of them I will put them on in two lots. I’m sure some of you who did this run years ago will recognise some of the places shown