Morrisons Store Deliveries?

The interesting bit is that THIS Christmas - I have a funny feeling that employers will try to take on a load of drivers, but unlike the last few years, where a handy going-bust firm like Citilink or P&H was there to supply this sudden flood of available talent - THIS year, it will be more like "Offer full time for those panicing now - before they realize that if they stay on agency another three months, they’ll be up for a pay rise of at least a quid an hour over Christmas on top of the usual Christmas premium which does NOT go back down again in January.

I don’t have a mind to commit to anything 5 from 7 full time, because I happen to like getting three days off instead of two for the same takehome pay.
I make up my hours by working every sunday without fail, and prefering 12+ hour shifts rather than these 9 hour ones that involve the very maximum of “meal relief deduction” (as a percentage) from them.

Work 9 hours, get paid 8 - 11p in the pound deduction overall.
Work 12 hours get paid 11 - 8p in the pound deduction overall.
work 15 hours get paid 14 - 6p in the pound deduction overall.
3x15 - and you’ve been paid 42 hours with four days off that week. 3 unpaid hours.
4x12 - and you’ve been paid 44 hours with three days off that week, 4 unpaid hours.

5x9 - and you’ve been paid 40 hours with only two days off that week, 5 unpaid hours.

Fewer, but longer shifts are good then. Morrissons were taking on people for the 14:00-02:00 shift when I applied, but at the interview they said they only had 02:00-14:00 left, which paid the day rate of (then) £9.68ph instead of the advertized £11.80ph if memory serves. No, No and No for me there.