Agencies vs job job advertisement websites

Agencies vs jobs direct with the company:-

The way i would describe it would to somebody completely not in the know, would be like the old dating agencies that you see on tv from the 80’s and 90’s, an agency that has many, many clients ( haulage companies ) on thier books so when vacancies become available at very short notice the agency can fill the vacancy immediately.

Where you’d go in to register with them, filling in all kinds of paper work, you then go home and wait a few days and then they’ll ring you up and say a job has just come in and would you be willing to do it.

Job advertising websites are just that, a place for companies and agencies alike to advertise job vacancies.

Often agencies will advertise jobs that they don’t have, that don’t exist just to get people signed up, when you go in to see an agency, there is no interview, you’ll be just going in to register with them and dress code isn’t a problem in the slightest, nobody dresses up and you could go in wearing shorts and t-shirt, when you get there you’ll fill in paper work, maybe do a theory test and then that’s you registered and you’ll be on your way. Agency work tends to be temporary and at very short notice, they’ll often ring you up at 6am when some driver has failed to turn up for work and adk you to go straight in to cover for them, agency work is not normally " on going " you’ll normally get on day here, nothing for a week or so, then one day there, then nothing for another week then again then a day here.

When you apply for a job that a company is advertising directly, you are cutting out any middle man, and a whole load of hassle and BS by not going through an agency and you will be applying for a job that you know really exists and that will also normally be permanent.

After you apply with a company directly the boss or manager will look through all the applicants and select a number of them to interview, this is a real interview and not what you would see from an agency, you’d also dress up smart in you suit and tie and dress trousers and dress shoes.

The difference between agencies and a job directly with a company is honestly like night and day, some people are so sick of all the hassle and BS from agencies that they no longer bother with them and just apply directly with companies instead.

Agencies promise the world and deliver very little, NEVER AND I MEAN NEVER leavea permanent job you all ready have to do work for an agency, the work won’t last long and you’ll be out of work very quickly.

More often than not, after you’ve been in to register with an agency you’ll never hear from them again, they already have what they want by that point ( names on thier books ).

As far as i understand it, class 1 work for agencies tends to be a little better and a bit more long lasting but don’t hold me to that bit, class 1 agency work for some of the big agencies tends to be supermarket work ( ADR Network do Morrisons, Co-Op, and Lidl or Aldi i forget which German supermarket and ( Staffine do Morrisons and Asda ).