ERF 'European' (1975)

ERF-NGC-European:

Carryfast:

ERF-NGC-European:
Well, there’s hope for you yet. When KCH 95N, the only other restored NGC, left the factory it had the RT direct-top 9-sp 'box, but was fitted with an RTO9513 by CDB in Brussels before being delivered brand new to its first owner. It is interesting, if not coincidental, to note that both these restoration NGCs served their lives hauling timber out of the woods. Robert

I’m guessing maybe a mixture of off road mixed with motorway running in that example at least ?.It would have been interesting to have seen some road test results in the Ardennes and on the flat given that spec. :wink:

It is probable that all the (few) 13-sp equipped NGCs were overdrive top boxes. The standard kit was 9-sp direct top, but a few 9-sps were supplied (presumably on demand) with overdrive top. Robert

Seems like an inconclusive draw so far Robert.But we do know that at least one conversion is an actual new and pre delivery fit and not after market retro fit modification.Which the info suggests would also need to be a deliberate proper job either way probably a replacement box.Going back to the original discussion I think it went along the lines of the factory RT standard fit being based on a worry about prop shaft speeds with an RTO ?.I’ll stay with the idea that RTO 13 speed would have been a game changer for the road test figures in all regards.