ERF 'European' (1975)

Carryfast:

ERF-NGC-European:

Carryfast:

ERF-NGC-European:
I reckon 1557PF89’s 13-sp Fuller 'box was probably fitted by MABO, as it left the factory with a Fuller RT9509A. NTC 335 engined NGCs did leave the factory with 9-sp Fullers and a few were retro-fitted with 13-sp boxes by the importer. For example, this is exactly what happened to the Corbishley example: it left the factory with a 9-sp and CDB in Brussels re-fitted it with its 13-sp box.

Robert

RTO 13 speed or just RT ?. :bulb: :smiley:

No idea, though in due course I hope we’ll acertain whether it had an overdrive or direct-drive box. I’ll certainly be onto the case and let you know in the end! Robert

That might just possibly settle a small dispute concerning whether the factory got it’s gearing right or wrong.If it’s an RT I’ll be the first to apologise,if not now pending the further info. :wink:

Well, there’s hope for you yet. When KCH 95N, the only other restored NGC, left the factory it had the RT direct-top 9-sp 'box, but was fitted with an RTO9513 by CDB in Brussels before being delivered brand new to its first owner. It is interesting, if not coincidental, to note that both these restoration NGCs served their lives hauling timber out of the woods. Robert