Struggling to find work

I am struggling to find work at the moment. I have applied with driving agencys and for full time jobs. I’ve had a few phone calls but no interviews at this stage. What am I doing wrong?!

I am in Wiltshire if anybody can help me out here. I have my class 1 which I passed in 2013, CPC and tacho. I also have my cat D licence but would rather not do any coach driving.

Cheers

Are you handing CVs directly to TMs so you can have a quick chat with them :question:

ROG:
Are you handing CVs directly to TMs so you can have a quick chat with them :question:

Thanks for the reply. I have only been applying through indeed, totaljobs etc or through the companies website

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

Tom1994:

ROG:

Thanks for the reply. I have only been applying through indeed, totaljobs etc or through the companies website

as some of us on here keep repeating…GO KNOCK ON SOME DOORS!..
worked 40 years ago for me…will still work now i would have thought! ask to see the TM or the gaffer,show them your face,and that you’re willing to graft,and i’m sure someone will give you a chance :slight_smile:

Absolutely go knocking on some doors with C.V’s printed out and some smart-smartish clothes on.

I can confirm from experience that it does genuinely work, i got my very first lorry driving job that way.

I’d expect you been hired within the same week of trying this method, i had planned 5 days Monday to Friday doing this and actually found work on Monday afternoon by 3pm, 6 hours into it.

Print off a lot of C.V’s and a good covering letter and paper clip them together and put into a A4 envelope so you are not folding it, that way when somebody says the boss is not in you can ask them to give it to the boss for you.

What i did was i spent 3-4 hours looking at my local area on google earth and taking note of all work places i could find with lorries parked up in thier yard, the actual job i got in the end i found by accident while looking on an industrial estate for a company that was no longer there because it had moved.

Also take all your licences with you.

You could try companies like brakes, bid food, pallet network companies, LCW all take on new drivers.

And good luck, it might seem near impossible but it’s completely possible to get a start and this is the best way in my opinion.

Which side of Wilts are you?

njl:
Which side of Wilts are you?

I live in Salisbury

Well-Jell:
Absolutely go knocking on some doors with C.V’s printed out and some smart-smartish clothes on.

I can confirm from experience that it does genuinely work, i got my very first lorry driving job that way.

I’d expect you been hired within the same week of trying this method, i had planned 5 days Monday to Friday doing this and actually found work on Monday afternoon by 3pm, 6 hours into it.

Print off a lot of C.V’s and a good covering letter and paper clip them together and put into a A4 envelope so you are not folding it, that way when somebody says the boss is not in you can ask them to give it to the boss for you.

What i did was i spent 3-4 hours looking at my local area on google earth and taking note of all work places i could find with lorries parked up in thier yard, the actual job i got in the end i found by accident while looking on an industrial estate for a company that was no longer there because it had moved.

Also take all your licences with you.

You could try companies like brakes, bid food, pallet network companies, LCW all take on new drivers.

And good luck, it might seem near impossible but it’s completely possible to get a start and this is the best way in my opinion.

Thanks for the advice. I am planning on going round a few companies tomorrow.

I don’t know Salisbury itself but Amesbury and Andover combined have a fair bit going on. Gist have a open evening this week on Wednesday but that is Thatcham.