ERF 'European' (1975)

ERF-NGC-European:
STUNNING NEWS!

In recent times, you may remember that throughout the ERF threads there have been glimpses of some serious restoration of Motor Panels cabbed ERFs, especially the ‘MW’-cabbed series.

I have, for some time been aware of an ERF restorer of MW-cabbed ERFs whose work is of a very high standard; and whose restorations are very closely allied to the work of the founders and archivists of ERF lorries connected with REVS (the ERF conservation group). These restorers have already restored, or are in the process of restoring, some 3MW, 4MW, 5MW, & 6MW examples to a very high standard indeed.

OK: you know No.16 on the (my) register - French-registered 1557PF89, that was in the service of R Collin whose work was Exploitation Foresterie, and whose address was in 89 Montillet.

The restorers / ERF archivists whom I mentioned above, have now acquired this vehicle and it now resides on British soil. See picture below.

Excellent news!!

Furthermore, we now know that this NGC had an NTC 335 engine (not the 290 suggested earlier) and a Fuller 13-sp Fuller box (although there is a remote chance this could be a 15-sp box, though I seriously doubt it).

This lorry is in far better condition than has been reported on this thread. Furthermore, it is entirely intact. We now know that its chassis number was 26672.

All this flies in the face of some considerable ‘fake news’ posted on this thread about this particular vehicle.

I am, of course, utterly delighted that this ‘barn find’ has proved to be a second (only) example of the ERF NGC to be preserved. For me, this is a very exciting development and I only wish it had been acquired in time for my third book on the subject - only just released! It is quite incredible that another (probably the last) NGC has been found in serviceable condition. Brilliant!!!

Here it is, being transported back to dear old Blighty!

If you wonder why I am not acknowledging my sources, it is because I am protecting privacy. All will be revealed in due course!

Robert

Brilliant news, a sort of Brexit-return from the continent :slight_smile:

Well, I hope and am confident that the chassis will get utmost attention and its livery will be correct!

A-J