Stuck between a rock and a hard place

muso:
I’ve posted this here , even though i am not a new driver , although i do feel as though i am ,

i have not used my class 1 license for 15 years or so , as i became a carer for my partner over those years , however things have now changed , so a few month back i decided to apply for my class 1 again , as i let it lapse , i’ve now got my license back , completed the CPC , and obtained a digicard .

To get back into it again , i’ve been contacting a few agencies , but the they all want a C.V. with two references from the last two employers , which unfortunately i cannot provide , as the companies are now defunct .

So i’m not sure what i can do , i’m beginning to think this was all a waste of time , is/has there been anyone else in the same sort of situation , any advice would be greatly appreciated , i’m no spring chicken either , 59 years old !!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
go and knock some doors in person and get a real job where you will be seen as an asset,not with some skanky agency where your dictated to by some gormless tart r snotty bottle of hair gel in a suit.
smaller family firms would likely be more keen to bite your hand off whereas the major tosco companies have you dealing with similar office staff before you get to see the tm…dont email,phoning is mostly also a waste of time though better than emails,but dress smart but casual,take your docs and kit in the boot of your clean car,and spend some time knocking on the door.