Wannabe driver - no xp. can they pass?

CookieMonster:

Larry500:

SJB:

Larry500:
I remember taking my driving test years ago and all seemed straight forward, but if I had to take my driving test again now like the youngsters, I’d probably struggle with all the theory stuff they have to deal with, and then having to take tests again if they haven’t passed their test in time.

I know this is different

Unless I’m missing something, it is not different at all, you have hours upon hours of learning to do in order to pass the theory, Mod 2 case studies and Mod 4 test, but it is of course doable, you will just need to put the time in!

Don’t be disheartened if your first lesson goes badly, there is a steep learning curve with this game, it sometimes goes like this:
Day 1 of training: hits every kerb, can’t do anything right, feel useless
Day 2 of training: hits some kerbs, still don’t feel good
Day 3 of training: oh my god I have a test tomorrow, got no chance
Day 4 of training with test at the end: not a bad days driving… well maybe I have a chance after all… then hopefully you pass
It all comes together quickly. (Well, the basics anyway, it can then take months or years to gain full experience but every new starter is in the same boat there!)

Thanks for the support SJB. By different, I think I just meant that I already have a driving licence, and years of driving experience, so (fingers crossed) I’m partway there already - as opposed to having to learn to drive from scratch.

Before you can get anywhere in terms of learning to drive a wagon, you will need to pass a medical, a theory test and a hazard perception test.
Having car driving experience is pretty much irrelevant when it comes to driving a wagon. Ok, you should know the rules if the road, be aware of dangers etc, but the difference between driving a car and a wagon is huge.
An average car weighs less than 2 tonnes, is about 6 feet wide and 10 feet long. A class C rigid (you need to pass in a class C before you can do your artic by the way), is about 12 tonnes, 8 feet wide and 30-35 feet long.
Wagons require much more space to be able to manoeuvre, space that most car drivers are not willing to give, just like they won’t allow the time either.
People respond differently to large vehicles, always trying to get in front of them, trying to squeeze into spaces etc. so you have to drive more defensively than you would in a car.
Overall, it’s worth doing, but don’t take it for granted that a good car driver will make a good wagon driver. Listen to your instructor, be aware of what’s around you and finally, and I can not stress this enough, LISTEN TO YOUR INSTRUCTOR!!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

All noted. Thanks, SJB.