Merc with no mirrors

The blind spot on modern trucks is an issue particularly on urban work, roundabouts in particular as you approach you are often turning to the left and vehicles on the roundabout are in the blind spot for a second longer than usual as they are travelling from the right I have had this happen to me a couple of times recently and I welcome technology that would help me.

My issue with Mercedes Benz trucks which I have driven for more than thirty years is their complete inability to build a truck that is any good, they clearly have the engineering skills and the production facilities are second to none, the mirror cameras will work and they will be excellent like the lane assist like the brake assist and all the other firsts they have introduced over the years.

They then fit god awful transmisions endless pointless cup holders steering that pulls to the left wipers that stop working for no reason stupid flush switches crap ICE and ride quality that Seddon Atkinson would be proud of, please tell me the need for 7 cup holders what non driving buffoon dreams this crap up, just think how good trucks could be if the manufactures actually listened to the people who used them.

As for the cost of the camera arm I will let you all know within 48 hrs of the first vehicle being delivered to my depot.