Any old promotor drivers around

Hello Efes. You have done sterling work in your endeavours to trace John. Its sad that all your hard work was in vain and that John was another one to leave the party early. That reminds me of the time John and I were locked up for the night near Cluses. We had left a group of drivers in a local drinking hole early as he was ■■■■■■ off with one of them, intending to walk back to where our lorries were parked at Cluses customs depot forgetting it was 7 or 8km away. On the way we were picked up by the local gendarmerie… Yes, I’ve told the story before on here so won’t go on, suffice to say, I can’t think of a better cell mate than John. Miss you lots old fellow but I would like everyone to know it was all your fault as you got me drunk.

I hope Bryn is able to supply some old photos of John before he worked for Promotor Efes. Please remember me to him. I doubt he will remember but I stayed the night at their house then at five next morning Bryn, John and myself went up to the golf course at Wrotham where Bryn was working and John and I knocked a few balls around.

As you have no doubt ascertained I am back on line, albeit perhaps only temporary. I have been in the high Pyrenees but the first snow of the winter arrived a couple of nights ago and I don’t like the cold so have moved to lower levels. At least here I can get a wifi signal. I have added a few photos but at home I know I have one or two more of John but thats gonna be three or four weeks before I can look for them.

P1130384.jpg

P1130377.jpg