Saviem's fan club (Part 1)

Fergie47:
To know his story, who was he, what was his life…looks like he either lived or worked in Auxerre in the war years, blacked out lights, gas driven motor…we’ll never know I guess…

At least do we also know his truck was a charcoal gas powered Renault.

Fergie47:
Rusting away, although some look too young to die

I guess the pictures were taken close to Aubenas, in Ardèche, and the Actros’s registration looks fake to me. Strange that its crane wasn’t removed to be sold.

Froggy55:

Fergie47:
0Black and white…Oldies with bonnets.

What on Earth was initially this one? Certainly an ex-army truck, but wherefrom?

This one triggered my attention too Paul! If the cab is anything to go by, I would say it’s a German design…?

Fergie47:
Rusting away, although some look too young to die

That Scanny would have made a nice project… the Berliet looks like the one I’ve snapped years ago in Castets, posted it on here too, John made a comment about a proper restaurant near the coast IIRC…

And that Merc belongs there, according to some…

Fergie47:
Black and white…Oldies with bonnets.

Last pic, it says “Dutchmen” on the bumper, it’s easy to imagine they’ve crossed borders in that Diamond…
It’s fitted with a regional registration too, before the national registration came out.

Nice find Senior, cheers :wink:

pv83:

Froggy55:

Fergie47:

What on Earth was initially this one? Certainly an ex-army truck, but wherefrom?

This one triggered my attention too Paul! If the cab is anything to go by, I would say it’s a German design…?

According to JF Colombet it’s an Einheitdiesel vehicle of the Wehrmacht. Type HWA 526 D powered by a 85 bhp 6-cyl diesel.

ERF-NGC-European:

Froggy55:
If the first truck is definitely a Berliet TDR 7, could the tipper in the background be a British truck?

Tipper could well be a Fordson. Robert

Here’s another Fordson which will be put for auction near Tours on Sept 29th. Its said it’s powered with a 4-cyl petrol engine, and is RHD; possibly imported from Britain?
interencheres.com/vehicules … 06587.html

Beside it is a pre-WW II Renault

Frenchmen driving down through the Eastern Bloc. Superb footage.
youtu.be/MD_RkMDYa2w

Froggy55:

pv83:

Froggy55:

Fergie47:

According to JF Colombet it’s an Einheitdiesel vehicle of the Wehrmacht. Type HWA 526 D powered by a 85 bhp 6-cyl diesel.

Cheers for the info Paul :wink: Does that mean I’ve won the cigar this time…?

[zb]
anorak:
Frenchmen driving down through the Eastern Bloc. Superb footage.
youtu.be/MD_RkMDYa2w

Interesting indeed! And in the first few minutes, there’s a Rynart Mack coming past… if my eyes don’t deceive me that is…

TruckNetUK . Old Time Lorries . Saviem’s Fan Club . Mystery German Lorry . Page 260-261. Wednesday,11th September,2019. VALKYRIE.

REMEMBER 911 USA Tuesday,11th September,2001.

Froggy55:

PV83:

Froggy55:

Fergie47:
Black and white…Oldies with bonnets.

The Mercedes-Benz Einheitsdiesel I.E.Lkw HWA 526D Einh 6x6 Lorry was a standardised Einheitsdiesel I.E.Lkw German Military - Army - Wehrmacht Lorry and was one of many produced by Mercedes-Benz and several other lorry manufacturers,such as Bussing-NAG,Henschel,Magirus,MAN.

Some German Nomenclature:-

E. or Einh = Einheits = Standardised design built by several lorry manufacturers.

Kw = Kraftwagen = Motor Vehicle.

I.E. = leicht = light.

Lkw = Lastkraftwagen = Lorry.

Mercedes-Benz Einheitsdiesel I.E.Lkw HWA 526D Einh,6-Cylinder 85 BHP Diesel-Oil - Engined,6x6,Tractive Unit - Dropside-Bodied,Articulated Lorry.Standardised Einheitsdiesel I.E.Lkw ex- German Wehrmacht Lorry. Fergie47. 4#

VALKYRIE

Second part of the video I linked above:
youtube.com/watch?v=aF95pFU4JFI&t=1336s
It ranks alongside Destination Doha, IMO.

The beauty of Youtube is that, if you watch one, it finds others for you:
youtube.com/watch?v=K_u6ZgKpfFs

Certainly most interesting and so typical of the late 1970s, including haircuts and moustaches!

[zb]
anorak:
Second part of the video I linked above:
youtube.com/watch?v=aF95pFU4JFI&t=1336s
It ranks alongside Destination Doha, IMO.

The beauty of Youtube is that, if you watch one, it finds others for you:
youtube.com/watch?v=K_u6ZgKpfFs

Thanks Anorak

Sent using Tapatalk.
Johnny

Froggy55:
Certainly most interesting and so typical of the late 1970s, including haircuts and moustaches!

Rumour has it that a certain man living in Brittany still looks like that!

Whoops…Whippersnapper, last week, didn’t want you all to know, so I said I’d keep it a secret. :blush: :unamused:

Fergie47:
Whoops…Whippersnapper, last week, didn’t want you all to know, so I said I’d keep it a secret. :blush: :unamused:

What’s wrong with that? That’s fast unloading for ya! Besides… couldn’t possibly be me… as that wagon is probably fitted with a manual gearbox…

Yesterday and today, the guy stood on his door step, his house is the one with the blue garage door, the old Citroen is parked where the cars are…Its a village I’ve been through a few time, near Morlaix.

Fergie47:

Is that a Ford Anglia I can see on the left hand corner of the picture?

Might also be another,light colored one up on the right hand side too!

David

Greetings,5thwheel.
Yes,it is a Ford Anglia, model no. 105E.IIRC,it was Ford’s first over square engine and OHV too.
Regards,900x20. :slight_smile: