Class1 passed! New job starting monday any advice?

Well guys after 8 month tramping on the rigid’s doing 10-15 drops a day I’ve finally managed to break the mould!!

Passed my class1 today with 7 minors mainly due to me losing my cool half way through the test and started doubting everything!! But thankfully I had done enough to pass and managed to keep some kind of composure :blush: but a pass is a pass!! :slight_smile:

I start my training soon for hayton coulthard on walking floors!! Anyone know what to expect?? What there like as a firm?? Pay ect…■■ An help would be greatly appreciated!!!

I’m keenly awaiting my second Rog banner anytime now :open_mouth: :sunglasses:

ROG:

bloody love it!! :slight_smile: cheers Rog!!! :sunglasses:

Hayton Coulthard are owned by Gregory’s , so you will have an App phone to submit start and end of shift times .
For out of pocket expenses such as truck washing and overnight parking , at the end of the week , back at base , you use their company computer to enter your expenses .
If using SNAP for parking and washing , no need to claim that back as the company pays it on their account .
For walking floor work expect punctures from yard debris .
No need for secure parking , park where you want on tramping .
Planners will track your truck so expect a phone call if going off a set route .
Check your pay against hours worked as they have a habit of missing pay , if that happens tell your planner and they add it next pay check to your bank by BACS payment .

If you have any accidents or insurance claims put the company’s address on the claims form to not affect your car insurance .
Around the UK park in any Gregory depot such as ARR Mcraib , Frampton’s Shepton Mallet now Gregory’s , Kays Palletline , Palletways Fradley Lichfield :Overflow parking with permission from their security .
Your planner should give you all their depot addresses , if not , just ask .
In the whole they will leave you alone to do the work but always cover yourself if late by phoning in , that puts the ball in their court .

congrats mate , I have my C+E training booked in with Pete for next week . been doing multi drop in an 18 tonner for a well known parcel company for the last 6 months . they are giving me the chance top move to class 1 trunking after I have done my test. what would you say was the hardest things to get to grips with moving from rigid to artics then? what would you say was your biggest learning point and challenge?

just trying to get a heads up prior to going down to Petes next week

gaz

toby1234abc:
Hayton Coulthard are owned by Gregory’s , so you will have an App phone to submit start and end of shift times .
For out of pocket expenses such as truck washing and overnight parking , at the end of the week , back at base , you use their company computer to enter your expenses .
If using SNAP for parking and washing , no need to claim that back as the company pays it on their account .
For walking floor work expect punctures from yard debris .
No need for secure parking , park where you want on tramping .
Planners will track your truck so expect a phone call if going off a set route .
Check your pay against hours worked as they have a habit of missing pay , if that happens tell your planner and they add it next pay check to your bank by BACS payment .

If you have any accidents or insurance claims put the company’s address on the claims form to not affect your car insurance .
Around the UK park in any Gregory depot such as ARR Mcraib , Frampton’s Shepton Mallet now Gregory’s , Kays Palletline , Palletways Fradley Lichfield :Overflow parking with permission from their security .
Your planner should give you all their depot addresses , if not , just ask .
In the whole they will leave you alone to do the work but always cover yourself if late by phoning in , that puts the ball in their court .

Thanks for your reply Toby!! :sunglasses: Very informative, I am unsure if I will like the whole mobile device thing sounds very restrictive and like they will constantly be on my back!!
So all in all not a bad firm??
I will take your sound advise onboard tha k you sir!!

bamberg:
congrats mate , I have my C+E training booked in with Pete for next week . been doing multi drop in an 18 tonner for a well known parcel company for the last 6 months . they are giving me the chance top move to class 1 trunking after I have done my test. what would you say was the hardest things to get to grips with moving from rigid to artics then? what would you say was your biggest learning point and challenge?

just trying to get a heads up prior to going down to Petes next week

gaz

Hi gaz!!

To be honest mate class1 is easier to drive in every aspect! The junctions and streets I went down in training, Were the same in rigid and were a doddle!! The only big difference is length so forward planning and the reverse really mate!! Its easier to learn than the rigid though!! Good luck mate I look forward to seeing your “pass post” :wink: ps. Are they putting you through??

Thanks mate , I’m funding it and I get a pay rise straight away that will pay back the cost in 12 months plus I get the experience of class 1 driving without having to go looking for a new job . Company I work for is pretty sound so happy to stay with them

Will defo post my I’ve passed thread as soon as I can lol

Gaz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk