Expected salary for new passer?

In my case i passed my Class 2 early june this year and managed to find work within 2 weeks. Could have been alot quicker but i wanted to get paid atleast 11£/h so i waited until one of the agencies i contacted agreed to pay me that much, bold move i know since i don´t have any experience to be making demands but i am a firm believer that you must value yourself and ask for what you believe you are worth.

After that i worked for 2 months for 2 companies, under the agency contract, and decided i wanted to get Class 1. Told the agency i needed some days off to go for the class 1 Training+ Exam wich they were completely ok with and even told me they would have immediate work for me if i did indeed manage to get it. I failed the first and second Exams unfortunately but managed to pass the third one and they stood true to their word. The very next day after i got my Class 1 license i was working in Artics with a 12£/h wage doing 50-60 hours per week.

I have developed a great relationship with the agency’s representatives and always make sure they are up to date with what’s going on in the companies i work for. As an example, one of the companies i worked for offered me some “under the table” Saturday work wich i refused for ethical reasons (glad i did that because they now owe more than 10K£ in wages to their own employees).

I try to always be professional and on time and this i believe has made my position with them very clear that i am gratefull for what they have done for me and i won´t just switch what i built with them over for an extra pound an hour.

Once i get the “2 year’s experience” usual requirement for well paid positions i might consider looking for other work opportunities, but for now i am more than happy with what i have got.

Good luck to you OP, opportunies are plenty you just need to find the right one :wink: