Hgv Sat Nav

noisycarl:
I’ve had a snooper 7000 for years now, I check for updates every month or so, it’s generally fine, but a couple of months ago it was absolutely useless in Romania, it kept telling me to go down dirt tracks, don’t drive on the main motorways etc, but if your not in Romania it’s alright. I always look at a map and see how the satnav is doing compared with the route I would take, they can be a helping hand once in a while, but are by no means perfect.

Yep, one of our lads, another experienced driver, did my job when I was off once,… he has one of those all singing all dancing jobbies compared to my bog standard effort.

When I got back he told me he had to ditch the sat nav as one or two of the drops in Cornwall back and beyond, were coming out as ‘No route possible’ or whatever they say.
Then he asked me if I had done a certain farm, where he got to a bad bend on route in the road, and he could barely get around, so crunched his nearside step…he had checked google earth tbf, but misjudged the tight bend.

This farm as it turned out was a fairly regular drop for me, tight as arse holes but doable…turns out his brilliant 400 quid sat nav sent him in another way, and that was the result.

That was my previous point about false sense of security.