"Heavy Haulage through the years"

I didn’t actually buy a truck, I bought an engine, the truck came with it. Although saying that, given the choice between the new style aero cab Peterbilt 579 and the classic 389 I would’ve chosen what I’ve got, as RSG said, they are so nice to drive, especially when the weather is bad, on icy roads the long nose Peterbilt is rock solid, whereas the Volvo didn’t inspire confidence at all. Residuals are also much stronger on the classics, the aero trucks are worth two balloons and a goldfish when they’re 5yrs old, the classics still demand a good price.

Mine, being a glider with the pre treehugger engine is a bit different as they’re soon to be almost impossible to register unless they have a fully compliant emissions engine, which defeats the whole purpose of them. This means they’re like gold dust on the used market, I could literally get back what I paid for mine 2yrs and 250,000miles down the road, the day after the new regs come in, I could make a healthy profit over what I paid for it.