Expected salary for new passer?

I am a new pass and can only tell you my experience so far… I have just got a job with a company doing Class 1 work, after only having my Class 2 for 2 months and Class 1 for 2 weeks, with no experience in either and I’m earning £10ph which will increase to £11ph once I am competent on my own (currently with the company’s driver trainer everyday, they’re paying his wages and mine for only one truck working so that’s more than fair). I’ve been told I’ll be doing between 50 to 60 hours per week (did 60 last week, my first week). That works out to £600 per week (at £10ph), which multiply by 52 weeks is £31,200. Of course, that could go up or down depending on holidays, hours worked, pay increase and nights out.

Again, this is just my experience as a brand new Class 1 driver, perhaps I’m lucky or perhaps others are on more, I really don’t know. I’m happy with what I’m getting. Granted it is long hours compared to an office job or my previous job but I couldn’t do 60 hours doing what I used to do, whereas in the truck it’s a lot easier to do the hours, the time seems to fly by.