Cumbria companies

hodgeturbo:

Bewick:
Hiya Paul, have you had one running out of Sandside this week ? I “clocked” one on the A6 running into Milnthorpe yesterday ! Cheers Dennis.

Hi Dennis I’ve had one in Millom all week could have been him,I haven’t worked for Tarmac for a while I have worked out of Sandside before but the last thing I did for them would have been from Dumfries

Diya know Paul I thought about Millom afterwards as Saunders and Woodhouse’s use the A6 through Milnthorpe rather than run around by J36 eh! Still its a swine of a road in and out of Millom well nut see bad on’t way in m/t but a B******* on’t way out loaded ! Cheers Dennis.
PS Paul, I’ve just bin having a think about that road out of Millom to Levens Bridge and the A6 ( as it was before the M/ways) and when there were many tippers and flats engaged on hauling Pig Iron from the Iron Works at Millom the most powerful motor running in those later days prior to the closure in March '68 was Clarks of Millom 180 ■■■■■■■ “D reg” ( IIRC) Guy Invincible running at 24 tons gvw pulling a short tandem axle flat trailer with low side boards and it was driven by Bob Wright a native of Millom. Bob used to do 3 round trips to Sheffield a week returning with scrap moulds to Millom. He also used to stay in digs at Kelmscott café, Chorley three nights a week !!