Any old promotor drivers around

Hi Efes, in answer to your location request for the “Spanish depot” I am pretty sure it was a campsite just outside Canet de mar near Barcelona. I dont know of another storage site but there was an un-used area at the campsite where Stagg and his wife were living temporarily. Stagg had a “D” series flatbed and car trailer which he used to go around Spain collecting the broken down cars under the AA 5 STAR recovery scheme bringing them back to the campsite where they were stored waiting collection toreturn to the UK. One of my early long(timewise) trips I can remember was a 3 weeker which involved the Carriemore car trailer loaded with taxi spec Ford Cortinas bound for a trades fair in Brno and then going empty to Canet to reload with broken cars to take home. Some of the other Promotor drivers were down there as well having unloaded new machinery at the then new Ford assembly plant at Valencia. We all had to wait a couple of days for Stagg to return before we could load up. 3 or 4 drivers, Spanish camp site, sun,sand,beer and barbie and days to kill !!!How boring could it get! Oh and a few bikini clad girlies on holiday at the campsite too, I almost forgot that! PS, Roger Oakley took over from Stagg eventually and moved his wife down there with him too. Rumours were rife that a little bit of malarky took place at that time but I cant(wont) say more than that as sadly, Roger isn,t with us anymore to confirm or deny.