New Ferry Service from Eemshaven to Rosyth

I have just read a dutch language newspaper on the costa blanca which has an article stating that a new ferry service is being considered between Groningen/Eemshaven and Rosyth.What’s the chances?
I recall around 20? years ago another proposed service from eastern scotland (Dundee?) to Zeebrugge which either never got going or soon stopped.

Roysyth to Zeebrugge ran for a good few years with a couple of operators, Superfast, Bluestar (Superfast by another name) and DFDS before it shut. With Brexit looming I can see more demand for new ferry routes

Did not even know the Rosyth to Zeeby ferry had stopped…when was this?

Last time it stopped was about 12 yrs ago,.that was how I got a job with Brit Euro at the time, because they then started shipping out ex Scotch work through Teesport and Hull more, until DFDS re.started it about 2 years later.

Was it one of the ex Rosyth Blue Star boats that later sank near Italy somewhere about 5 yrs ago, or have I got that wrong.

robroy:
Did not even know the Rosyth to Zeeby ferry had stopped…when was this?

Last time it stopped was about 12 yrs ago,.that was how I got a job with Brit Euro at the time, because they then started shipping out ex Scotch work through Teesport and Hull more, until DFDS re.started it about 2 years later.

Was it one of the ex Rosyth Blue Star boats that later sank near Italy somewhere about 5 yrs ago, or have I got that wrong.

I don’t really remember when the Zeebrugge - Rosyth stopped, but it stopped because the ferry caught fire.
This was roughly a couple of years ago.
DFDS don’t appear to think it’s worth while putting another freight ferry onto the job.