New Pass Needs New Job South Wales

So just wanted to let you know that I passed my Cat C (Class 2) driving test yesterday with 3 minors. To say I’m happy is an understatement.

So to all who took the time out to answer my questions a big thank you, and thank you for all the valuable information on this forum. It really has been a massive source of help. Thanks to Trucker Hayley and Luke C whose vlogs have been really helpful also.

I’ve been really lucky in terms of the length of time it has taken me to complete everything. I started my computer based tests 2 weeks ago today and I was lucky enough to get a driving test cancellation for yesterday. All together it has taken me nearly 2 weeks to complete everything.

Now I really need to get a job.

Does anyone have any suggestions or tips on getting some class 2 work in South Wales, between Carmarthen and Newport?

Thanks again, Jo :smiley:

:smiley: :smiley:

Blacksheep_jo:
Does anyone have any suggestions or tips on getting some class 2 work in South Wales, between Carmarthen and Newport?

Owens take on new passes, they have Class 2 pallet network work out of either Llangennech (Llanelli) or Bridgend, i think they were advertising for Class 2 drivers last week.

ROG:

:smiley: :smiley:

Thank you Rog! :smiley:

Reef:

Blacksheep_jo:

Owens take on new passes, they have Class 2 pallet network work out of either Llangennech (Llanelli) or Bridgend, i think they were advertising for Class 2 drivers last week.

Thanks for that I appreciate it. Do you have any experience with them? What are they like to work for? Is there much handball?

Blacksheep_jo:

Reef:

Blacksheep_jo:

Thanks for that I appreciate it. Do you have any experience with them? What are they like to work for? Is there much handball?

I’ve not worked for them directly but know a few that have and I also did some class 2 pallet network deliveries for another company many years ago, as far as I know they’re not a bad firm to work for these days, though I suppose a lot depends on personality clashes and personal expectations of a job, if either of those are negative then that’s where problems arise in ANY company.

Some handball may be required, yes.

I’m at Owens nowadays. (Well I have been for the past month)

I don’t have anything to do with the pallet network side but if they are anything like the rest of the firm so far I’d say pretty good.

Wages aren’t amazing (but that’s par for the course down here), never pushed, hardly ever get any calls (you’ll find that’s a good thing) and haven’t yet met anyone who hasn’t been friendly and helpful.

Actually scratch that last point - The Newport office may make you roll your eyes at the “why have you dared to speak to me?” attitude. But tbh that’s the only fault I’ve found so far.