Cumbria companies

robroy:
Who does the American Kenworth/Peterbilt behind Bateman’s Atki belong to Gerald, is it local?
Have always fancied a go in one of those since I was a young lad…sad eh? :blush: :smiley:

I think it’s a Kenworth? Back in about 1980, I was doing internals in Saudi. One of our American customers from Riyadh, MSI, and sadly I can’t even remember what they did, had a few Kenworths. If you click on my website below and go to the gallery there’s a pic of of a veteran pulling out of our yard in Dammam. I had a Saudi licence, so could go on the port. They employed a Philipinno, who didn’t yet have a licence, (you could drive for a certain time on a foreign licence, but they wouldn’t let you on the port) so they asked if I could take his truck onto the port to load a container. His truck was a brand new normal control Kenworth, with a massive ■■■■■■■ engine, can’t remember the HP, but it was over 400, back when 290 was BIG.

I went through the port gate and there was a 2 mile drive inside the port to where the containers were (the gulf is very shallow there, so the causeway was long).

I got it up to over 90! What a joy and a great memory!

Happy Days,

John.