Poor Harry and other boat owners

the nodding donkey:

Carryfast:

Franglais:
A boat with character? Suitable for placid lakes and canals?
Punt.
At least it’s summat like that.

A coal fired steam powered punt with character brilliant idea someone should invent it.No road fuel tax to pay either.Also sure that kerosene isn’t subject to road fuel duty either. :wink:

youtube.com/watch?v=iwyHNcPL2RM

You couldn’t have given a beter exampleof how your debating skills are so disjointed. Somebody mentions punts. And canals. You add steam (which wasnt part of the suggestion), and show a video of steam powered launches. Which are a niche enthusiast means of faffing about on the water. The owners of which, will tell you it’s the most unsensible means of powering a craft.

But he, you have never spoken to a steam powered craft owner. So as usual, you wouldn’t know your elbow from your arse…

Keep going Carryfast. I’m enjoying this.

So far I’ve shown that I know that diesel isn’t limited to slow boats and petrol to fast boats.It makes no bleedin difference.

I mentioned steam because the topic obviously has zb all to do with unpowered craft.

Nothing is as unsensible as using white diesel to fuel a boat that can be fuelled with either LPG,or red diesel charged electric,or coal or kerosene all of which not being subject to the equivalent amount of road fuel taxation or any.