Poor Harry and other boat owners

the nodding donkey:

Carryfast:
I’d suggest that if the choice is between white diesel v all the other options white diesel will be at the bottom of many boaters’ list on the same grounds of ‘expediency’.

The LPG option obviously becomes less of a safety hazard and easier to handle in the case of downsizing to outboard level rather than inboard for the average budget motor boater.

youtube.com/watch?v=8rhgBCwmuXU

Leaving the larger offshore motor yachts and their running costs being affordable for the Abramoviches and Branson’s of this world.

Going electric with red diesel fuelled generator charging is probably also a no brainer in the case of river/canal use.Possibly also even going back to the coal fired steam option for some including the charcater that adds to a boat.

You have just shown that you have absolutely no idea what we are talking about. As usual, you take a key word you think you recognise, google it, and like a pitbull, clamp your jaws tight, right or wrong…

The choice of engine is almost entirely down to what it’s supposed to do, and not the preferred choice of fuel. I’ll let you google that, and embarrass yourself.

You obviously don’t understand the difference between inboard and outboard engines, and where, and how, their fuel supply is kept.

As for you suggesting that it would be a good idea to use a diesel generator to create electricity, to run an electric motor, to push the boat…
What do you think is pushing the boat now?

Stick to politics. At least you have a slight upper hand, because we either don’t know, or don’t care what you’re o about.

Why do you think I actually made the bleedin point regarding outboard v inboard IE I actually said it obviously becomes less of an ‘arguable’ hazard.As shown by the video.

As for fuelling,at the price of white diesel it obviously becomes an issue of which fuel if the same job can be done by use of a cheaper fuel.

As for the electric option.Which part of,the diesel,which still ultimately fuels the boat,doesn’t need to be zb white diesel in that case because it’s batteries are charged by a portable stand alone generator which can obviously use red,didn’t you understand.

An upper hand over you isn’t exactly difficult is it.