Nice capture at the port of Dieppe

Mazzer2:

milodon:
I know plenty of drivers who’ve had problems with clandestines, mostly in connection with the Greek Superfast ferries. They’ve had them in, on and under the trailers. Nobody got paid to have them there but how can one prove one’s innocence? Please tell, I’d really like to know.

It’s absurd to compare the illegals with stolen goods on the trailer. Stolen goods don’t try to get into your trailer themselves, or do they? Just trying to understand the mindset here.

If they find a kilo of cocaine inside a pallet you have on the trailer, are you automatically guilty of smuggling? Here’s hoping for a good answer from the holier-than-though crowd.

Eff all to do with holier than thou crowd, fact, there are drivers who take money to smuggle whether it is drugs or people. As I said if you have a box or fridge on and it is locked and sealed at the point of loading chances are if illegals have then entered the trailer,the driver knew something about it as Franglais said the point of the arrest is to question the driver charges may or may not then follow depending on the circumstances. Didn’t see to much sympathy for Limey Phil on here when he got banged up, someone’s nationality has eff all to do with whether they are a criminal or not a criminal is just that regardless. I also said what UK customs state about drivers taking due care to prevent illegals and in the real world this is not always possible but drivers do not help themselves by parking in areas renown for illegals entering trailers if you have some on board when stopped in Calais and then say “Well I took my 9 off just round the corner” it is highly likely that the fine will stick. I had an illegal pulled from under my trailer in Calais Port the fact that my tacho showed I had not stopped since Paris and he was bone dry when it was ■■■■■■■ it down backed up my argument that he must have climbed under there while I was in the lanes waiting to get on the ferry and the Border Agency agreed and no action was taken so it is not a given that you will be fined however should it be shown that you have taken no precautions then you will be fined.

100% with you there Mazzer.
Few weeks back at Ouistreham there was a Spanish FRIDGE , locks on doors etc., security opened up the doors and 10 popped out !!! Driver told the gendarmes when they turned up, that he hadn’t stopped since his overnight break in the services at le Man !!■■

Go figure !!