Advice: Companies Training Drivers with provisional

Out of interest I had a look at the Turners scheme you mentioned ( turners-distribution.com/do … lgv-driver )

You have to work for them as a dogsbody doing washing and yard work etc, and they deduct the LGV training deposit from your wages - if a review on indeed.com is to be believed, it’s an Apprentice wage you’re on! Even if that’s not true you’re not taking much home to live on initially. Pass and the wage goes up but you still pay the Full balance of the training back via wage deduction, so it was only ever a loan. And you’re tied to them, so if you don’t like the company it’s harder to leave. To be honest I can get a loan on what I’d regard as better terms than that, if I needed one, so it’s not what I would class as a good option, more an option of last resort.

If you’re sure a scheme like that is right for you, good luck in finding one, just have a good think before you sign and look at how much they’re valuing the training costs at, if they’re inflating the training costs then it’s even worse!