R long transport wymondham

do any body have any fresh info on this company old stuff on here not good just thinking of going there

The last one asking the question was “frankspencer” in May this year. Try sending him a PM maybe? viewtopic.php?f=2&t=160665&p=2588126&hilit=richard+long+norfolk#p2587788
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=105473
That thread was more Norfolk jokes than hard info, but maybe you`ll get summat useful.

thanks for that sounds like hes a bit better

I know nowt of them myself apart from seeing their trucks around, never parked with any of their drivers, so never heard any good/bad stories first hand.
Dutch reg vehicles with B***** around the corner? Are you in a hurry or want to wait a bit?

not in a rush realy i semi retired 5 years ago to look after my wife but sadly she passed away last year and ive got 4 years left till i retire not that i want to retire at 66 will keep going as long as i can but been on my own i can stop out as long as i want so looking at getting back into international work

didler:
not in a rush realy i semi retired 5 years ago to look after my wife but sadly she passed away last year and ive got 4 years left till i retire not that i want to retire at 66 will keep going as long as i can but been on my own i can stop out as long as i want so looking at getting back into international work

If it is really only international work youre after, then youve probably noticed there is less choice than maybe 5, but certainly less than 10yrs ago. But, given youll expect to be a long time away, you may be happy looking at companies further afield from you? Im assuming you`re east UK? Could even try an Irish outfit? They will keep you more than busy and away for as long (longer!) than you want.

Both Fly -by -nite and Pulleyn’s are advertising vacancies on their websites.

If you in the east, try Matthews of GT Yarmouth.

I’m pretty sure Long’s have been using agencies to try and get drivers, the adverts didn’t mention the company’s name, but I couldn’t think of any other companies based near Wymondham do International agricultural and machinery movement.

Longs would seem ideal for what you want. They retain drivers for a good time, those who like that job. Like everywhere, they have a fast turn-over of drivers who try the job and find it isn’t for them.
They have a lot (all?) of their fleet registered in Holland, but they did that 10 - 15 years ago, if not longer. They’ve been in the game for a long time.
Give them a go, you can always find something else if it doesn’t suit you. And it’s generally easier to find a job when you’re in one, rather than trying to find one from outside.

We had two leave our place to go there early this year. neither lasted long . Both old hands in machinery and Euro. they didn’t believe the rumours … they do now

Not a bad place to work if you like old school haulage. Easy place to get a job with no experience considering the type of work they do. The boss expects to see everyone working at all times and doesn’t like to see dirty lorries. He can be pretty rude to some people but i suppose he has a lot of work to do himself and gets fed up with idiots who can’t do the job.

Money isn’t great your looking at around £585 take home for euro work uk work is abit more. And make sure they pay yor holiday correctly as they tried to bay me £60 a day before tax wich is why i left. I do miss it but tbh i’m making the same money and i’m home every night and every weekend more importantly. But would defiantly go back and do 3-6 months again but not any longer lol

He’s alright. You’ll either get on well, or you won’t. I lasted 3 months! I wasn’t man enough. Definitely give him a go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DannyDC2:
Not a bad place to work if you like old school haulage. Easy place to get a job with no experience considering the type of work they do. The boss expects to see everyone working at all times and doesn’t like to see dirty lorries. He can be pretty rude to some people but i suppose he has a lot of work to do himself and gets fed up with idiots who can’t do the job.

How does he motivate drivers to clean their lorries?

I have 14 drivers out of which about half are good, and look after the vehicles, the other half don’t, but are relatively good at what they do, so sacking is not an option. Just looking at other options of motivation.

Riho:

DannyDC2:

I have 14 drivers out of which about half are good, and look after the vehicles, the other half don’t, but are relatively good at what they do, so sacking is not an option. Just looking at other options of motivation.

Financial bonus system you’ll soon have 14 clean vehicles

Mazzer2:

Riho:

DannyDC2:

Financial bonus system you’ll soon have 14 clean vehicles

Rumour has it that his is a reverse bonus scheme :smiley: but I do know he has a fancy indoor truckwash