Bus driver sent home lgbt

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-49343412

Bus driver has a point; Why should he be forced to support something he doesn’t believe in?
A bit like when firms go all silly over Children in Need and the like and expect their employees to join in.

While I couldn’t care less what people want to be I also respect an individuals right to not agree with it.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Completely agree.

But he’s being called homophobic. When all did is refuse to drive a bus.
For all we know he is a ultra pious person who does not agree with gay marriage.

Maybe he’s my age 58 , I struggle
With these types as well , we
Come from a different era

Frankly I never care who anyone shags as long as both parties are happy.

I also think if it’s against your religious beliefs then why should you.

On the other hand I also think getting your knickers in a twist over some numbers being striped is over reaction.

However, I really disagree with whoever said the driver needs educating. We dont live in N Korea.

The driver deserves a pat on the back in my opinion, I don’t care what consenting adults do in private but I don’t agree with support for gay or transgender people being a fashion statement as it’s rapidly becoming.

If the bus company are so supportive of diversity why don’t they support their drivers who don’t agree with having to drive buses with the LGBT colours on them.

And they try to tell us this is a free country :unamused:
If lucky he’ll be sent for re-education, whatever you don’t lose your place when singing from the hymnsheet of the day or the twitter mob will hound your employer till he sacks you for wrong think.

Well the driver is obviously guilty of “Thought Crimes” and must be “re-educated”.

wrighty1:
While I couldn’t care less what people want to be I also respect an individuals right to not agree with it.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Apparently nowadays not agreeing with someone/thing makes you [insert term here]phobic

Not long ago there was this doctor (admittedly, a christian…) who was kind of suspended because he said to his boss he’s not going to address a huge, bearded man as “Madam” if the hypothetical man demanded so.

Be funny if the driver was a Muslim and he reported his employer for being racist and anti-Islamic and not respecting his religion.

:grimacing:

Was the bus really going to THICKTHORN? Couldn’t make it up. I am not happy with gay marriage just cant understand a man having a husband or a woman a wife. The driver has rights too.

Just say the driver is catholic and follows his religious beliefs surely he has every right to refuse. So the company is now against his white Male religion.

"It added: “We particularly want all customers of whatever background or ■■■■■■ orientation to feel comfortable on our services.”

“As a company we do not condone any behaviour from our drivers that does not support this view.”

But they don’t care that the driver didn’t feel comfortable to be driving around with all this crap on the bus. I’ve disagreed with bosses over the years, but never got suspended over it. North Korea and re-education’s been mentioned, maybe it’s not so far off. I just hope he takes the company to court and wins.

dozy:
Maybe he’s my age 58 , I struggle
With these types as well , we
Come from a different era

That’s a bit homophobic of you dozy.

Lesbians
Gay
Bi
Transsexual

Are not types
They are human just like the rest of us, they just have different ■■■■■■ tendencies than the heterosexual side of the human race.

Sent using smoke signals

Am I the only one hoping he defected the vehicle for this? Imagine flicking through a defect book and seeing ‘gay lights’ in amongst the usual indicator bulb out or low tyre tread.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Usually such persons are found to be suppressing opposite feelings, …his actions just seems over the top in my opinion, I guess freedom to make a stand is important but wher is the line drawn?, would he throw gays off the bus if they held hands or kissed…I would be interested to heAR from lgbtq drivers on their thoughts on this case…

rsg1234567:
Usually such persons are found to be suppressing opposite feelings, …his actions just seems over the top in my opinion, I guess freedom to make a stand is important but wher is the line drawn?, would he throw gays off the bus if they held hands or kissed…I would be interested to heAR from lgbtq drivers on their thoughts on this case…

Well, since you ask…

I support his right to not want to drive a “Pride” bus.
I don’t support the bus company, surely they have a bus without the livery he can drive.
Anyone can think what they want about me, I really don’t care that much.
(For clarity, I represent the T in LGBT)
As a side note, why isn’t there a Straight Pride?

Tonymcg:
Just say the driver is catholic and follows his religious beliefs surely he has every right to refuse. So the company is now against his white Male religion.

So if he is a Muslim and feels that his religion is also against homosexuality you would support him equally?
What if he said his religion meant he couldn’t carry women on his bus unless they wore headscarves?