Has Mercedes Always Been This Bad?

gingerfold:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
There is too much electronic gizmos on every modern truck marque. One of my 18 plate DAFs is constantly showing an amber engine management warning fault. It has been into the dealers several times but they cannot permanently clear it, it’s known as a phantom fault, or in other words they don’t know what’s causing it. They now think that it’s a wiring fault and on its next service they are going to try and find the faulty wire. Good luck with that one I say.

Returning to my original post. The Actros in question finally went back into service yesterday, two weeks and one day after breaking down. They must have done something to it because the engine now sounds quiet and smooth rather than the usual Merc Actros crackling and uneven running noise they usually make.

H Graham,
I agree 100%,cars are exactly the same,dealers frustrated,not nearly as much as the owners! Ironically,whilst at a hauliers yard only yesterday,He told me that another of their 19 plate 480 Actros’was in having a new engine,the second one since May.A previous post made a good point in saying that it’s every automotive brand.
Regards Andrew.