Long Departed Southampton Hauliers (Part 1)

Buzzer:

gerbil sb152:
Hi all, on the HGV renewal form they ask about old convitions how far back do you need to go. Got done twice in the mid 70’s but not got a clue where or how much i was fine’d. :laughing:

Gerbil don’t put anything, I just done mine and think it better to put nought they are more interested in breaking hours and dangerous driving and if that were the case none of us would have a licence today. All on a digit card nowadays as far as hours were concerned , personally I liked the old logbooks especially when you had two you could always get home. Used to carry a little six inch ruler to do the lines straight then when you got an inspection they thought he’s neat and tidy and would not think of going over time, MH moments there Kev, cheers Buzzer. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Only two? My introduction to the evil arts was at Ilkeston Haulage when I stopped at a cafe just outside Hull with an old hand on the job. I was desperate to eat but he wouldn’t order till we had sorted the log sheets (not books). The table was covered in different sheets each telling a different story. As long as you had the ‘current’ one to hand you were ok, but there was no defence against a ‘silent check’. Fortunately, never had one of those. :smiley: