Tacho Ferry Move

Franglais:

Mazzer2:

Franglais:
Makes you wonder doesn`t it?
But we are all human(?) and make mistakes. When discs were looked at by people did we get a bit more leeway I wonder? Now it is a laptop looking at a chip, do we get less understanding of real world problems?

Or is that me getting older and more paran…
Who planted that thought there?!

I understand mistakes can be made but a lesser experienced driver or someone not used to dealing with DVSA may have caved in. After an hour of looking at the card she returned to the lorry and her words were “You are in serious trouble and are looking at a court case” 30 minutes later and I was away with a clean card and no infringements, after showing her the diary and explaining each movement to her another DVSA guy leaned over and said get your paperwork and go everything is in order.

The main problem with boat movements is that the program that DVSA use to analyse your card does not recognise these movements and so they then have to examine each one on the computer if the person examining it isn’t 100% sure then this is where problems arise, it also doesn’t help when if you ask 3 different DVSA guys the correct way to set the tacho for a ferry movement you will get 3 different answers
Laptops analysing digi cards should eliminate badly trained officials seeing “false offences”. So long as minor transgressions are treated as just that: minor, then maybe things are getting better?