Tacho Ferry Move

Mazzer2:

Franglais:
I think I’m up on most of this, (famous last words) but here’s a question:
Only a full rest period can be interrupted for a move(s) on/off ferry. Conditions apply etc.
If a 3 hour break is taken during the day, a 9 hour test period counts as a full, but a reduced rest period.
So if a 3 break is taken can a ferry move be made even if one has booked on, then booked off (at port) 14 hrs later?
I’ve not done this, so don’t know how a tacho would react, but know how any analysis software would react.
I do know my tacho doesn’t always ‘like’ the way I work my ferry moves throwing up spurious “daily rest now” messages, but that’s another story.

What year is your tacho? mine is 2015 and allows a ferry movement at 14 hours if 3 hours have been taken during the day and then works as if it was an 11 ferry movement.
I have done this on several occasions and was stopped the morning after in Kent having come down from Holyhead DVSA man asked for an explanation and said by rights I should have had 11 hours but as I didn’t appear tired he said he could see no point in parking me up. I told him that the tacho had said I was to good to go when getting off the boat to which he replied “Don’t always believe the tacho”. The fact he let me go makes me think it is maybe a grey area because if it was black and white he would have parked me up and fined me, this was mentioned before on here on a thread last year and someone else said they were doing it and had been stopped in Europe and there were no comebacks.

Ta. I didn’t remember seeing this aspect mentioned but I’m sure you’re right, and I’m not the first to mention it.

My tacho is 2015 Exact Duo.

Rarely get 3 hours stationary during the day, but useful to know this stuff in advance.