Any old promotor drivers around

Some more photos from the 90’s. The first photo is of our crew at the Motor Show held I think in Earls Court. It was always a busy time for us and not always easy to get decent conscience guys to work the unsociable hours that were required. We put them up in digs near the venue but often they had to work much of the night changing cars over, valeting them and replacing bits that had been stolen during the day. Yes, you tell me how wiper blades and the like could disappear on a much observed stand with hundreds of people around.

In the main photo there are a few people I can name. Back row on the left is my son Christopher next to him is Paul Maloney and back row on the right is Tony Blackman who would have been in charge. In front of Tony to the left is Clive Newman sporting a large badge. In the same row as Clive on the right had end is I think, Jim, one of our paint sprayers. I must admit I have forgotten the names of the other lads so if anyone can put names to faces please do so.

The second photo is a Roadshow trailer Peter designed then sold the idea to Fords exhibition manager. It toured the country for a year or more and I had the job of finding venues for it. From the Fairford Airshow to Weymouth seafront to a hotel near Loch Lomond. That trailer pulled by a Ford Cargo unit accompanied by Tony Blackman and two young ladies who acted as hostesses certainly got around.

Please click on a photo to enlarge it.

a74.jpg