New Actros

maga:
something new like this is where the forum (industry?) really shows its age.

from what i’ve seen these cameras look brilliant. From the driver being able to manually mark where the end of his trailer is on the monitor(no more crying about not getting flashed in :laughing: ) to the camera moving as the lorry turns, keeping the trailer in view at all times.

You’re maybe right about the age thing, but on the other hand why change something, when in REAL terms there is no real need (mirrors are a tried and tested and very efficient method of rear vision as it is) but worse why just for the reason of a gimmick or ‘‘just because they can’’. :unamused:

Your argument for all round ‘superduper panoramic’ vision :unamused: , is fine, but my argument would be if you NEED to see THAT much you shouldn’t be driving the ■■■■ things tbh…(not you personally btw, I don’t know you. :smiley: )
You say they enable you to see exactly where the end of the trailer is the point to pull in on an overtake :unamused: …Some of us already know where it is now, and when to safely pull in ! :unamused: .

Mate…it’s ■■■■ bad enough as it is, with the ■■■■ whits who pull in at the first opportunity (making me wanting to kneecap the ■■■■ s btw :smiling_imp: ) now they’ll be pulling in (when the dash presumably beeps yawn bloody yawn :unamused: ) at the first ■■■■ micro second of clearance presumably…brilliant idea eh? Just what those ■■■■ clowns who can not drive need. :unamused:

Actroses are one of the worst trucks on the market, the ride comparable to an 80s ERF, ( I know, I’ve driven them)
A crap seating position elevated up in the air (unless like me your seat is taken off suspension to counteract it thus making the ride even worse :unamused: ) resulting in looking like a complete 2 hat driving it into the bargain. :smiley:

The ridiculous high side cupboards where you need stilts, the crap interior top cupboards no good for a microwave…I could go on for ages.
I’ve told my lot I aint having another new one, I’ll keep the old one with all my kit already set out in it, that is what I think of the ■■■■ things.

So Mercedes Benz should spend their Euros on sorting out the quality of the ■■■■■■■■ product rather than on some needless ■■■■ gimmick for the sake of it.
So to o/p (who says it’s an ‘‘amazing truck’’ :open_mouth: …unless you can tell me the important things have changed, I aint really interested.