HOW ? Do they not know

Just sat in the yard on break watching a RO reg truck attempting to reverse on HIS good side mind no blindsiding onto a bay in our yard.
7 attempts and the shunter had to guide him in after almost wiping out a trailer.
Oooohps we’re still attempting to line up :unamused:
Now I know some people have a hard time going backwards but we have stuffing great big lines to guide you onto the bay :open_mouth:
10mins and 18 shunts :unamused: jezzz how do they pass their tests .

Glad someone helped him.

Others would just sit on the internet and anonymously and secretively slag them off…

toonsy:
Glad someone helped him.

Others would just sit on the internet and anonymously and secretively slag them off…

On break mate the shunter was sat there watching him and to be honest when I’ve tried to help em they don’t take any notice of you anyway so I’ve given up

Seen it in Lidl Livi one time, double manned unit and it wasn’t as if he was bad at reversing but just didn’t have a clue what was going on or what to do.

Ended up parallel to the bays, I went off to tip frozen and never saw the outcome.

toonsy:
Glad someone helped him.

I once helped a BG trying to reverse into a spot on his good side.
He completly ignored my directions and after the 9th attempt (I know cos I caught it on my dashcam and was evidence in the insurance claim) he managed to swipe the cab of a parked volvo on his drivers side!
I have to say that I see alot of Romanian and Bulgarian registered trucks struggling to reverse into easy spaces… is it a case that they are not trained properly before being handing the keys and paperwork and see you in 3 months?

On the other hand, the Romanian bloke i work with could show the vast majority of Brit drivers how to do it, no point in watching the bloke in cos the trailer slides in like its on rails no matter how awkward the slot or whether its dark or blind side or whatever.
Not the only one either, most of the Romainian drivers i’ve worked with have been sound drivers, as well as generally decent polite geezers.

few years back i observed driving tests going on in Kaunas,Lithuania. It was in a big open car park setting drivers chugging round like something from 50years ago here.

It does have a lot to do with training and experience but there is very experience men out there who have never got the hang of reversing and never will
The thought of doing it sends there blood pressure up and then people watching as well

A short time ago on a shopping trip to Aldi in Cudworth one of their drivers was struggling to reverse onto the bay.It is a little tricky with a strange angle and the usual selection of parked cars.I offered the non British driver my advice with hand signals and he made it onto the bay ok.In the shop a little later he sought me out to say thanks and shook my hand.Thoroughly decent chap.

None of these foreign ■■■■ s in left hookers can reverse, nor drive for that matter.
Pity they were not as efficient, proficient, and professional as all Brit drivers with Class 1s. :sunglasses:
And don’t get me started on those ■■■■ new drivers who have maybe just passed their tests, (whatever nationality) and have very little experience, their reversing is a ■■■■ disgrace .
You did right not helping the ■■■■, watching him in, you’re spot on ‘‘you were on your break’’ , so he could just struggle on, ■■■■ him not your problem, as you say ‘‘they never take any notice anyway’’ they should learn English.

Juddian:
On the other hand, the Romanian bloke i work with could show the vast majority of Brit drivers how to do it, no point in watching the bloke in cos the trailer slides in like its on rails no matter how awkward the slot or whether its dark or blind side or whatever.
Not the only one either, most of the Romainian drivers i’ve worked with have been sound drivers, as well as generally decent polite geezers.

I have noticed over the years how the foreigners seem to be far more adept at reversing than us Brits. Spending a lot of my time in Holland these days I also notice how the Dutch are so much better as well. You just do not see them making a complete hash like you do in the uk. Even A frames never seem to be a problem.

The one thing some Brits seem to be good at is bragging how good they are but strangely enough not when they are sat in the drivers seat. :laughing:

Proberly a new pass. It’ll come

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nick2008:
Just sat in the yard on break watching a RO reg truck attempting to reverse on HIS good side mind no blindsiding onto a bay in our yard.
7 attempts and the shunter had to guide him in after almost wiping out a trailer.
Now I know some people have a hard time going backwards but we have stuffing great big lines to guide you onto the bay :open_mouth:

One wonders how epic you were at reversing when you started. I also wonder if you’ve ever driven a truck outside of the UK let alone crossing several countries to get to your drop.

Conor:

nick2008:

One wonders how epic you were at reversing when you started. I also wonder if you’ve ever driven a truck outside of the UK let alone crossing several countries to get to your drop.

He was probably fine when he started. Not everyone struggles initially. Drivers who have had previous experience with trailers tend to have few problems. Also drivers with an aptitude to learn and process info adapt far faster.
Natural ability also helps but these days it all seems such a struggle for some.

jakethesnake:

Juddian:

I have noticed over the years how the foreigners seem to be far more adept at reversing than us Brits. Spending a lot of my time in Holland these days I also notice how the Dutch are so much better as well. You just do not see them making a complete hash like you do in the uk. Even A frames never seem to be a problem.

The one thing some Brits seem to be good at is bragging how good they are but strangely enough not when they are sat in the drivers seat. :laughing:

Don’t be accusing me of ‘having a go’ again Jake just because I disagree with you (again) but that is just sweeping statement type, generalising ■■■■■■■■ tbh.
I’ve seen just as many ■■■■ ups among drivers in Europe as I have over here.
Sure a lot of Dutch drivers are good, so are French, so are German, and I’m sure there will be a few adept Mongolian and Indo Chinese as well, but there is and will be some absolute twonks among them, same as there are amongst us Brits.
Individual nationality has ■■■■ all to do with ability, there is good and bad in every one.
So ffs stop slagging British drivers. :unamused:

Saying foreign drivers are better at reversing trucks than Brits is equally as ridiculous and bad as the o/p tarring foreigners with the same brush in the negative way.

I was the world’s worst at reversing when learning, I even ballsed it on my test, and was rubbish for weeks after.
I can now put an artic anywhere, it does not make me cleverer or better than anyone else,… it just comes with practice and experience. : :bulb:
It aint rocket science. ffs :unamused:

Some drivers are just ■■■■!
I was a Morrison’s Swan Valley more than once, and saw drivers drive off the bay, drive down the yard and the trailer fell off the back of the tractor :open_mouth:

How do they not know how to connect up properly :question:

I know what would bugger me up, if i had to use a LHD artic after a lifetime of perfecting :blush: er yeah :blush: maneuvering with the steering wheel in the right place, it’s scary enough when you’re sat in the passengers eat cos everything looks out of sorts.

Juddian:
I know what would bugger me up, if i had to use a LHD artic after a lifetime of perfecting :blush: er yeah :blush: maneuvering with the steering wheel in the right place, it’s scary enough when you’re sat in the passengers eat cos everything looks out of sorts.

Then try and drive your car at weekends, and watch the condition of your nearside front alloy deteriorate when kerbing the bloody thing…but a good excuse to get the wife to do all the driving. :smiley:

robroy:
I’ve seen just as many [zb] ups among drivers in Europe as I have over here.
Sure a lot of Dutch drivers are good, so are French, so are German, and I’m sure there will be a few adept Mongolian and Indo Chinese as well, but there is and will be some absolute twonks among them, same as there are amongst us Brits.
Individual nationality has [zb] all to do with ability, there is good and bad in every one.
So ffs stop slagging British drivers. :unamused:

Saying foreign drivers are better at reversing trucks than Brits is equally as ridiculous and bad as the o/p tarring foreigners with the same brush in the negative way.

I honestly believe it’s more to do with the name on the door (by that I mean the companies wages verses expectation of work verses need to get anyone with a pulse in the hot seat) than the letters in the blue bit of the license plate.

Examples (but by no means limited to)

Swift (in the US)
Warberers
Stobarts
Nolans/JR

Now I know there are good and even outstanding drivers in both skill and attitude in all these companies but they seem to love (or not care) employing unsuitable and often incapable drivers, I feel sorry for the good’uns I genuinely do.

Edit:
I know it seems I’m singling out these particular companies but it was more about size of firms over a wide geographic area more than anything specific with these particular firms…