Tramping... what to expect

robroy:

danbabirecki:
So I did a couple of weeks with one agency of tramping and I’m now doing some more agency tramping. It’s all good. Finding some decent spots to park up (current company don’t favour truckstops for cost reasons) but I’m figuring it out. Films on iPad and books are invaluable for me. All the suggestions of plenty of baby wipes is more than spot on although it was lovely to get a proper wash this evening as getting regular showers in this current job is proving tricky due to workload. Not complaining but it’s a choice of stopping for a shower and then finding a place to park up or just parking up and using multiple wipes. Current work can get quite grimly but ample wipes goes a long way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just make time for a shower whatever the workload, I also tend to plan my day round where to stay at a decent park up for a night out.
Get your priorities right mate :wink: :laughing:
It makes for a better quality of life/job.
If you’re workload is preventing you doing basic human activities like washing and/or eating properly, you are being pushed.
Wet wipes are for hand cleaning and washing in one off dire emergencies.
Your boss sure as hell showers and eats properly before he goes to bed, …what’s good for one etc etc. :bulb:
Listen to me or take no notice and carry on…up to you.

I’m the same as Robroy planning the day around my shower and where to park. I can never understand drivers who moan that they have not had a shower for three days. A bit of forward thinking makes tramping a whole lot easier. Wet wipes are there for severe emergencies.
When I first started tramping my initial fears were whereto park,where to eat, and more importantly, where to shower! Use leisure centres, (make sure you got your pool shorts and flip flops, don’t want to get arrested for anything) there are centres where you can park a wagon nearby for example Chichester, Birtley, Stratford or Poole or Hexham.
Listen to Robroy or take no notice and carry on…up to you!