El Frigo Espana

toonsy:
Soooo my lot have just got a contract running ambient stuff in a box to Spain then reloading with chilled stuff. :slight_smile:

Don’t know if you are loading dairy products, pharma or what but I assume it’s fruit and veg If I’m wrong apologies in advance and ignore remainder of this post.

Short answer is we usually load home on behalf of the buyer rather than the seller and if there are discrepancies we set the temperature the buyer has stipulated and confirm if he wants continuous or cycle/sentry.

Here is a good guide on temperatures for “Produce” from a container line. cnc-line.com/sites/cnc/files … vation.pdf

If something doesn’t seem right (typos and errors happen) I prefer to send a text and get a text answer and thus I have it in writing.

Longer answer to international Frigo work to add to the good points already made by others:

I apply different rules depending on product sensitivity and how well I know or trust the shipper and receiver but you can’t be too careful imo so other points to consider.

I cool the trailer for 30-60 minutes before loading to about the dew point temperature of the day which is usually available on a weather app. Much cooler can give a lot of condensation and weeping when you open up to load.

Do not put road diesel in the fridge and as larf says never run dry even if the diesel fairies visit you.

I like to to know that the product is properly chilled before loading. If in doubt probe it and if more than 2°C off, call the office and put it on the CMR in addition to Mazzers point.

They say fridges only maintain temperature rather than cool although I’ve seen fresh lambs go rock hard more than once and fresh fish starting to point their tails at the roof :blush: .

Don’t let them load above the red lines and keep the air ducts clear.

Personally I don’t like cycle in the summertime cos I always wonder if there is a problem when I don’t hear it running especially when sleeping so I prefer continuous generally.

Check you settings every time you get in and out of the truck as ■■■■■■■, especially Spanish ones, have been known to tamper with them so as to shut off the noise at night.

If you have a delay while tipping, pull off and close the doors and turn on the fridge again if off.

Buyers that realise they now have too much perishable product use all sorts of tricks to reject or claim on a load. Holding you for an hour or two and then probing the back pallets claiming the temperature is too high is a sucker punch.

Unless you are via tunnel request a plug in when checking in on the longer ferries and make sure the motor is running properly before going up stairs.

Sounds like nice work. Enjoy :smiley: :smiley: