El Frigo Espana

Mazzer2:

toonsy:
Soooo my lot have just got a contract running ambient stuff in a box to Spain then reloading with chilled stuff.

Have oodles of experience driving and working abroad which is why Im on the contract but I’ve not done much fridge work, certainly not in the last ten years anyway. Is it still the same case of the paperwork will tell you the temperature I assume? Any other frigo specific things I need to know? :slight_smile:

Once you have been given the temperature write it on the CMR before the person loading you signs it, that way if there is a problem you have proof that the loading company agreed to the said temperature and you arse is covered.
You will find that the same product is not necessarily run at the same temperature depending on which company loads it or who it is for have had variations from +3 to + 10 for the same item when loading with different companies.
Get a set of jump leads once you have done it a few times you will be able to jump a fridge in a few minutes a callout in France or Spain to jump a fridge is an eye watering cost for them to do a 10 minute job

Very good point there re. writing the temp before signing.

Also if you’re jumping it mind only use 12v from the unit as 24 will fry it. Most fridgea are 12v.

Remember the fridge will only require jump starting when it is raining/windyasfeck/hail/thunderstorms/raining/windy/rainy.