Improving our image with the public

robroy:

Notimetoulouse:
you dont need the best of the best of the best just somone who is competant and reliable
as far as drivers are concerned its a wide and deep pool where its considered a shaved monkey could do the job rather than a concientious professional who will need paying an above average wage to do what is quite a dangerous’ and stressful job where there are huge responsibilities thrown back onto the drivers shoulders when it all goes wrong

Tbf mate there actually are a few shaved (and unshaved) monkeys already doing the job. :unamused:

As for the public’s image of us, it’s those lot that go a long way to bringing it down to ground level, in terms of ability, bad attitude on the road, and appearance.
They tend to stand out more to the public, and overshadow the rest of us who actually do have the ability, and right attitude and who don’t walk around looking (and smelling) like a [zb] hobo. :unamused:

I have seen this mentioned more than once now, and I’m puzzled.
How does my hygiene regimen affect my ability to drive a truck? If I can shower I will do so, and I will wear a clean set of clothes every morning, but if i park up on an industrial estate or out in the country, i don’t loose sleep over it. And as far as i know, my driving abilities are no better or worse wether i have a shower or not.