Any old promotor drivers around

Hi Brian, sorry to have been away so long but I had a laptop problem and lost all my passwords and couldn,t remember most of them,trucknet included! Anyway regarding the Anglo-Yugo Express photo you asked whether I could identify the driver on the left. Well I sure can! thats dear old,long departed Billy Heath and thats TNO 140 R the long wheelbase, 6 wheel 140 which was destined to be the most troublesome motor on the fleet. It was given to Billy to drive and to be honest it looked the business. Just about everybody wanted to drive it until Billy started having problems at the German borders with it being overlength when pulling a standard tilt! It was a tandem axle,double drive with a fixed 5th wheel. It had twin diff-locks and cross-locks and was geared for heavy low-loader work. I believe it was flat-out at 53mph. It had originally been bought to pull the extendable Broshuis trailer that Peter had bought to haul oversized machinery to the trades fairs but the office assumed that when it wasn,t doing that then it could be used to do the tilt work. Billy was road foreman at the time and made sure he was front of the queue to grabit not realising just how much hassle it was going to be! Once he found out how much hassle it was he moved heaven and earth to pass it on! I remember he came to me one day and tried to convince me that I should be the rightful driver because the reg. was TNO and my name was TONY! The truck had a short,chequered life with Promotor. I think one of the reasons for its demise was the ludicrous delay it caused at the German border when we were on the 7 or 8 truck Ford tour. Bob Archer was driving it then and he was 4th or 5th to go through when the Krauts came out and measured it. It was about 1 meter over so they stopped it and the other couple behind him too. BIG TROUBLE! Suffice to say there was a lot of questions asked, I think Stagg flew out with a top Ford guy to try and cross some palms with silver. I think one of the first group of guys was despatched unit only back from Nuremburg to drag the 140s trailer in and Archer was sent back home unit only. Billy Heath was a great guy, I dont think anybody disliked him. You always had a good trip/laugh if Billy was running with you. Sadly he passed away many years ago. I think Bobby Keen knew him quite well and lived near him