Any old promotor drivers around

Efes:

sandway:
Bit of a calamity happened yesterday. One of my memory sticks containing many recent photos, both my own I’ve scanned and others given to me has given up the ghost. I took the stick to be looked at by an expert this morning and he has pronounced it dead. So remember everyone, ‘backing up’ not only applies to reversing your lorry. I now intend to buy some new sticks and make copies of all the photos on old ones.

Best save your data files online with Google or OneDrive (Mac have a free online drive too I think). Flash drives have a very limited life. The online drives are free up to a certain size and won’t lose your data.

Our boiler has expired and so on Thursday I have to clear out some space for the plumber to work in. This is where my photos are possibly stored (wife moved everything so I can find nothing)/ Let’s hope so. It would be nice to share some of them.

Thats the difference between you and me Efes. You’re still in the fast lane, no doubt with an auto gearbox and a young son coming up behind you at a fair rate of knots and you’re striving not to be left behind and succeeding whilst I’m still bogged down without chains on a very slippery minor road with huge deep ditches either side and its odds on my gear box will fail before I get to my first drop.

You’re right of course. I should’nt be using a memory stick but the ‘Photobucket’ debacle put me off using the online drives a while back. However, I will look into going down that route. Trouble is today you are so soon left behind by modern technology. My wife and I both like to think we keep abreast of it but a couple of days ago, as we tried to put an item on eBay, my daughter, who was staying with us for a few days was sat there playing with her smart phone laughing at us as we struggled to take photos of the item then transfer the card from the camera to the laptop then download the image then reduce it and so on and so forth and all we could get out of my daughter was derisory remarks such as ‘what are you doing, oh thats so old fashioned, I can’t help you as I’ve never seen it done that way before’. Bl–dy youngsters!!!

Anyway enough of that. I have added another photo of Bluebird Efes. The car Staggie entrusted to your care. I see we weren’t the only ones to transport it around but look at the heavy gear they used. Perhaps the one we moved around was a plastic life size model!