The music thread

Mazzer2:

manalishi:
Same here but the past is where the jewels are to be found,ive languished in a folk/rock groove which I have deeply enjoyed,steeleye,fairport,Drake etc and now 70s blaxploitation,funks my current boat floater,especially the funkier side of the equation.Tarrantinos many great films have pointed me in that direction.As for today,well the cupboard seems pretty ■■■■ bare to these ears.When you ponder the glories of yesteryears black music and witness its modern variant,draped in outsize jewellery,boasting of its bentley,ho requirements,al>a,jay z,kanyae…ad nauseum,its a serious insult to the past that gave us marvin,wonder,withers etc imho.
Back with axe slingers,Steve Howe of Yes is up their at the top table.Hear him at his best on Yes masterpiece “going for the one” album,especially the “parrallel” track.Sublime.

there is still some good stuff being made but generally it is not on mainstream radio although the likes of Huey Morgan does play some decent music but in the main radio 1 & 2 are now just playing anything the same bland music

A station containing,Morgan,Maconie,and Mark Radcliffe only would be my idea of Nirvana.No one else needed.