The music thread

manalishi:

Franglais:
I’m not a player of any musical instrument.
Can’t argue with any of the guitar players you’ve all mentioned, but would like to add Frank Zappa too. His guitar work is brilliant: crisp, clear and inventive.
Plus he was an aid in the early careers of Captain Beefheart and Alice Cooper among others.
Interesting story about him and the LSO too.
Because of his composing, political stance, and use of humour his guitar skill could be overshadowed, but forget everything else and loose yourself in Peaches En Regalia. Class.

Edit to add.
Guess I’m older than some of you, as a fifteen year old, working a summer job as a waiter in a holiday camp, we got to the IOW festival on the last night. Although I barely appreciated it at the time, I saw Jimmi Hendrix live.

Doffing mi trilby right here.That was one helluva gathering of the creme de la creme of rock aristocracy,the dvd certainly gives a good flavour of the “psychedelic concentration camp” lol, wonder what became of that berk who so appallingly perturbed the goddess Joni Mitchell.My personal highlight.My only connection to that event is being aqquainted with one of the bespectacled,great coated,“gatecrashers”…who resides now here in Ryde after decades as a carpenter,He gets interviewed alongside the dude who thought it groovy to give his 5 year old,weak doses of acid lol.
He’s chastened by his naivety over the years,how were they to know the scale of the line up they were experiencing ?you’d pay a grand for that these days.Baez,The Who,Tull,Cohen ,Dylan…strewth.

Only saw the closing acts after we did our waiting on the holidaymakers. One of the other staff had a beat up sliding door van which a buch of us piled into. Wandering around was a real eyeopener for a naif such as myself.