Long Departed Southampton Hauliers (Part 1)

David
Not me on youtube I did try to video the last post on my phone but when I held it up I must have pressed Selfie mode so I filmed a Big Hairy Biker in Hi Viz behind me instead, We also took Mum & Dad there once & they were taken right up to the buglers & I filmed that on my big camera but forgot to press sound button So I’m No Steven Spielberg in the making I’m afraid.
all the best
Jeremy

Spardo:

Badger:

Spardo:

Baldrick1953:
Hi Jerem…

Yes, back in France… Have to keep one step ahead of the Serious Crime Squad [emoji38]

Interesting about the WW1 thing, a big interest of mine… Will pm you when I get a chance…
Truck on steady…
Stu.

The Menin gate in Ypres is very thought provoking, but also standing in a small cemetary before a headstone with the name of a relative you didn’t know you had engraved on it.

Last post at the Menin Gate is a must, everytime been there has been special, last Nov they had recovered 2 Ozzie soldier from a building site & had the coffins there Very moving an Ozzie Navak Girl sang Oz & Belgian anthems (in Flemish) awesome voice, 1 trip took a mate to find grt grandfather & grt uncle both names no graves in 1 cemetery Loos en Grelle nr Lens over 500 men’s names from 1 Regiment
Jeremy

The only time I was there was early in the day, so could not be there for the last post. I wonder if there is a link to a You Tube recording of the occasion you mention Jeremy, would be great to hear it.