Any old promotor drivers around

sandway:
A few more photos of Graham Bertram’s outfits. I could never understand the thinking behind the numbering of our trailers. GB262 shown, makes you think it was a huge fleet. Maybe that was the thinking behind it.

Great photos!

I guessed the spot in Biddenden where he parked the truck - these newer photos confirm it - even though you can’t park there today as that lay-by has been re-modeled, gentrified, to prevent its use by large vehicles. The only van that parks there these days is a Police speed-trap van.

It is also ironic that the ■■■■■■■■■■■■ is directly opposite the churchyard - Graham’s last resting place - so, if you crossed the road 10 or 15 paces into the churchyard you’ll find his rather well tended gravestone. I once had a boozy night with him in The Chequers at Biddenden - alas another pub now long gone - where Graham did his regular rendition of “Feelings” and “Windmills of your mind” into his beer bottle. The one he used to sing on stage at The Huts in Checko.

I had just left Promoters when he died and I understand - from a story told by John Preece when I last saw him (many, many years ago) - that he was taken to church on the back of his Scania unit. Had I known about I’d have gone along for the funeral.