Peak District.

malmic:
Sad news indeed Pete you couldn’t have met a nicer man.
It was George that kept him driving as long has he did

After George passed away you might recall that his nephew rode with him a lot Mick, if he had been left on the Hulland run I think he would have been OK as he knew what he was doing and could natter away on his CB to all and sundry! However he was sent to Stratford, East London, with a load of stone (for those of us on ‘black’ not our normal stamping ground) and got lost, couldn’t find his way off of the M25 and almost ran out of fuel. The yard where he eventually tipped gave him some fuel to get home and were actually concerned for his health. He was off work a long while after that, then he came back for just one day . He was sent with me to near Cardiff with tarmac (I did question that decision with the gaffer but was overruled as he thought a ride out would do him good! :unamused: ) and he wasn’t comfortable at all. He had no CB so stuck to my taildoor like glue all the way! When we got there he couldn’t talk properly and was wet through with sweat, we picked sand up at Meriden and he was as white as a ghost. We got back to the quarry and he never spoke but just got into his car and I never saw him again. Nerves are a strange thing, and he was one of the last people you would think that suffered from them, but it can affect any of us. As you say he was a great lad and we had some laughs together on coated with Cotty, Fred Brownlee and Ray! :laughing:

Pete.