Tramping... what to expect

DickyNick:
If your a tramper you’ve got to live like a sewer rat in some lay-by somewhere all week

That statement isn’t exactly true though is it ? If you’re a tramper and you live like a sewer rat, then that’s because you can’t be arsed to live any other way.
I’m a tramper and I’m far from being a sewer rat, for the past 4 years ( apart from a 2 month stint away from driving ) I’ve been away living in the truck for 3 - 4 weeks at a time, my longest being 6, I take plenty of clean gear, and if I get the chance ( which I often do ) I’ll use a laundrette, I eat well sometimes in restaurants but I don’t shy away from cooking up a meal with fresh ingredients at the side of the truck, I don’t park in lay-by’s or industrial estates if I can help it, and if I do it’s only when I’m in the U.K. and even then I’ll call in to a services or truckstop to use their facilities I don’t ■■■■ in bottles and launch them into the hedgerow and I don’t crap in the grass verges, I shower at least once a day, my rubbish I put in a carrier until I am able to dispose of it properly and my cab is clean and tidy. I’ve a 20” colour tv / DVD player and did have satellite but was a pain setting it up, and only worked in France, Belgium and a bit of Holland.
Like all aspects of haulage it’s what you make of it.