PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

KNS64:
“DEANB”

Atkins,dont look right just white.

Hi Dean the Atkins lorry is white because British Int took over the international side of Atkins and their lorry’s were white.
Regards Kev.
[/quote]
Kev, Thanks for explaining why some Atkins motors were white,i never knew that ! :wink:

[zb]
anorak:
Much further up the page, there are some York trailer adverts. On one of them is this:

The cab does not have the presswork detail of the LP, unless it is an aftermarket add-on sleeper. I reckon Krukabman might have the answer- Bussings came with all sorts of cabs, some coachbuilt.

The axle does indeed look odd- like a GB bodge job circa 1983 :slight_smile: .

They did make some nice looking coachbuilt cabs like you say “anorak” :wink:

smallcoal:
Hi Dean,there’s a lot of artic mixers now with rear steer,the rigid mixers with three axles on the back ,the last axle is a drop down rear steer,the one on the right has rear steer,the artics are 12 mtr carriers the 8 wheelers are 10 mtr,and the 6 wheelers are 6 & 8 mtr carriers so all depends how many Mtrs. a company wants I’m taking 6000 ltrs of admixture to hinkley today they got a 12,000 mtr pour on so they be using a lot

Nice pics John. I have seen the ones with 3 rear axles and a lift at the back but not the artic one you posted. That Hinkley site must be a busy place i would imagine. :smiley:

HRS:
Harvey,Heres a bit more about that F88 that was on ebay that you popped some pics of on here. :wink:

Good morning Dean and welcome home.
My wife has one cousin left in that area and she is in Denny.
Strange coincidence, although the area has the largest number of UFO sightings, it also consumes the largest ammount of electric tea. Harvey

:wink:

HRS:
C.B.Morgan Mercedes from Shaftesbury. They had a fair few motors and the yard was just on the left hand side as you left Yeovil heading for Warminster.
I don’t know if it was Morgans or someone renting some space in there yard but someone was selling Kenworths for a while.

It left a bad taste in Shaftesbury Dean, one chap with grand ideas and more than a few people out of pocket if i remember right.
Dave Hardiman ran Morgans and his son Nicky still has a yard near by on sand a ballast. Harvey

Thanks for the comments harvey. I meant to say “as you left Shaftesbury” not Yeovil ! :laughing:

Buzzer:
C.B.Morgan also ran a lot of cattle trucks, Buzzer.

Yeah i remember them Buzzer and bulkers. :smiley:

Dieseldog66:
The Roadtrain car carrier on the previous page is one of Cartransport (BRS) probably Oxford depot, good to see this thread still going, moved to Canada so haven’t been on for about 6 months, enjoying retirement, looks like i’ve some catching up to do.

Thats the bugger “Dieseldog66” :wink: I wondered what had happened to you ,hope your enjoying Canada. Does that mean we may get some Canadian truck pics chap ? :wink:

SCANTASTIC:
That Atki twinsteer on the bottom of page 346 has a Lanarkshire reg no could’ve been ex Sam Anderson

Cheers “SCANTASTIC” :smiley: